She-ology shines a light on the vagina, answering our most embarrassing questions with the goal of healthier and happier vaginas for women of all ages.
Many women still suffer a long-ingrained dissociation with their own vaginas and a misunderstanding of what goes on “down there.” With expertise and a dose of humor, leading ob-gyn, educator and women’s health advocate Dr. Sherry Ross addresses every urgent, confounding, culturally taboo or embarrassing question women have about vaginas, with the goal of healthier, happier lives for all.
She-ology describes the state of the vagina at every age and stage of a woman’s life. From first periods to postpartum to menopause, from the serious to the celebratory to the surprising, this book will make you feel a part of the vagina dialogue.
Dr. Sherry is equal parts your best girlfriend, confidant and skilled practitioner with over 25 years’ experience in gynecology and obstetrics. With the help of many famous contributors she answers your questions and concerns such as:
- Where the heck is my G-spot?
- Since the vagina is self-cleaning, do I even need soap?
- Can I get HPV if I don’t have actual intercourse?
- Is it too late, at 45, to have an orgasm?
- How can I be depressed after giving birth if I’ve always wanted a baby?
- Is there such a thing as a perfect vagina?
- I enjoy swinging or S & M, does that make me a pervert?
- What does safe sex even mean?
- What could possibly go wrong down there, and what do I do about it?
Dr. Sherry’s goal is that of healthier and happier women through a revolution of vagina information. This book will help you form, mend or strengthen your relationship with that most commanding and complex of female organs—the vagina. Includes contributions from:
- Reese Witherspoon
- Brooke Shields
- Christina Applegate
- Jane Seymour
- LisaGay Hamilton
- Katherine McPhee
- Ashley Benson
- Meredith Baxter
- …and many more.